I've lost almost all my fishes due to ick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ivan2020

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 40 gallon tank I noticed my fishes were infected with ick now it's been 1 n most of em died but I still can't get rid of it I've use salt heat n nothing us working

Are you sure it's ich? More details please? Types of fish? Age if tank? Testing water?

Yes I'm sure it's ick my tank is about 6 months old , I had angel, gouramis tetras, cherry barbs ,black ghost, blue rams, loaches

Yes I'm sure it's ick my tank is about 6 months old , I had angel, gouramis tetras, cherry barbs ,black ghost, blue rams, loaches

so when did you notice the ick and exactly what have you done to treat? you need to get you temp to 86 and hold it there for 10 days before you can be sure it is out of your tank.
you said you added salt. how much and when?
also who is left in your tank? do you still have the loaches? what kind?

I noticed it about 2 wks ago but at the time I didn't know what it was until lo did some research couple days later notice my neon tetras died n the my blue ram on I was losing fishes on a daily basis I added some salt n raised the temp above 85 n kept it the since then but the fishes kept dying so I decided it was time to use medicine so I did the treatment n I lost all my tetras n my angel fish along with my black ghost was about 3 inch long all I got left is a loach, a Cory, 2 platys n a Chinese algae eater n few ghost shrimp red claws crabs fiddler crabs ,a crayfish n a few snails

So how long gave you been above 85? How long with salt? How long with meds? Do you have all that going right now- salt, meds and temp? How are your fish now? Any more deaths?

Scaleless fish with not tolerate salt very well, nor to tetras. That could have something to do with your problem.

No I started with heat easing the temp one degree every hr the I aded a 3rd of the salt the stated on the label n few days later I stated to use medicine as my last option no fishes have died n 5 days

But my loach seems healthy as well as my other fishes that survived

I had it at 85 for 7 day n I slowly dropped for 2 days then I raised the temp back up

Back
Top Bottom