Jungle Ick Guard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've used it, readily available at your local Wal-Mart! ;)

Dose as directed, remove activated carbon from filters. If the initial dose doesn't rid the fish of ich after 24 hours, do at least a 25% water change and redose.

Just be wary as it will stain anything and everything it touches. Your fingers, the wood, the seals of your aquarium turn blue, can also kill smaller sensitive fish, catfish, and invertebre.

I've used it with Cory cats and they seemed to be okay, Ramshorn she mystery snails can tolerate it. Any other shrimp or snails I wouldn't try it with.

I've used it, readily available at your local Wal-Mart! ;)

Dose as directed, remove activated carbon from filters. If the initial dose doesn't rid the fish of ich after 24 hours, do at least a 25% water change and redose.

Just be wary as it will stain anything and everything it touches. Your fingers, the wood, the seals of your aquarium turn blue, can also kill smaller sensitive fish, catfish, and invertebre.

I've used it with Cory cats and they seemed to be okay, Ramshorn she mystery snails can tolerate it. Any other shrimp or snails I wouldn't try it with.

I've heard it stains everything blue. Is there anyway to get the blue out?

None of the 'dye based meds' I have used has ever left a permanent stain on any of my tanks...I have kept fish since the 1980's and presently have 42+ tanks from 180g -5g.
That med should work.

I've never gotten the blue out, pretty sure it's Victoria Green which stains stuff. It never did stain my decor or fake plants, but the silicone seals on my 55g, 29g, and the 10g I used it on are still stained, it's been probably 3 years since the 55g had been dosed.

Back
Top Bottom