Just Lost all my Congo Tetras...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eAts

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just finished my weekly water change on my 44g and not but 5 mins after I was finished, I noticed ALL of the congo's swimming funny. Then a few mins later I had lost 3, then the rest followed.

I went through the normal routine for this water change. I did around a 40% change. I cleaned the little bit of diatom algae off of the rock in the tank. Other than that I did the basics, vacuum the sand, then stir the sand (I hadn't stirred it up in two weeks) then vacuumed the sand again. Then I started filling the tank. I noticed the temp dropped to around 72, then was brought back up to about 75 when I was done with the water change. The heater I set to 76. I added Prime when the tank was full, just like I always have done.

I checked Nitrate, thinking maybe I released toxic bubbles the had built up in the sand. Trate was 5, Trite is 0, Ammonia is 1 (this is normal after my water changes the tap has it in it) , High Range PH is 7.4.

As of right now, my Bolivian rams, my Honey Gourami, and my Celestial Pearl Danios seem to be doing fine.

Back
Top Bottom