Keep losing fish what's up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Ok I have racked my brain and still lossing fish 13 in all so far. I've been losing fish in this tank for 3 weeks now. I've treated fungus,batria,still they keep droping. I've used mlafix,primafix , fungus , bactria meds. The fish show only signs of swimming with there tail clinched and some skils removed. It started with my Apisto cockato full red male. He wasn't eatting and his stomch looked sucked in.
Then it moved on to my killis they all have dyied in the last 2 days. It's just driving me crazie. I'm leaving in 3days for a 2 week vaction and I know when I get back this whole tank will be gone. I've beening fighting to get this under control before I leave but it doesn't look like it's going to behappening any time soon. I have treated again this morning and still I've lost 2 fish already. What else could it be?

Oh Weasel, I'm so sorry. I can imagine what you're going through. I wish I had some pearls of wisdom but I'm too new to be of help so the best I can do right now is lend moral support - hang in there. Hopefully someone will answer this post !!!

Thanks I figured I'd show water primes. But I don't know how there going to help much as there all good.
PH/ 6.7
Gh 225ppm
KH/200ppm
Nitrates/ -0-
nitrites/ .5
Amonnia/ -0-

Now I've maded a couple of phone calls and have found that our city has uped the amount of Clhoraine they normally put into the water buy 300ppm for 1000gals. Now I have no clue how much more that would men for me in my tanks. So There's one thing that differnt. That's not normal but other ten that I have no clue. sents this was posted. I've lost my Apisto Borelli female and afew red flag cichlids. So any help please.

Good grief ! this is horrible. As for the chloramines, as long as you're using Prime it shouldn't really matter. Maybe just toss a bit more into the tank now in case that IS what the issue is.

You've been through a battery of meds for just about any of the more common conditions. So other than "drastic measures" (ie: an end to end test on your tank water or a necropsy for the dead fish) I have no other ideas.

I wish folks would read this forum more often - seems that the response rates is exceptionally low here.

Yea by the time I figure out what's going on this tank won't have anything in it. I've lost another 2 fish at 4:30pm central time. I'm still looking for anything it could be. I see nothing visable on the fish as far as damage to body. So There's nothing I can treat for I havn't already treated for. That I know of.

So sorry to hear about the multiple losses. Have you treated for parasites at all? I had a bad run on my goldies, I lost 3 in a week and finally tried parasite meds. There was no physical signs on the fish, so I figured it was the most likely cause. After 4 days no losses and the fish are doing fine. I would try treating for parasites if you haven't. Jungle's parasite medication is what I used.

Also I notice your parameters are similar to a tank going through another cycle. It's possible the meds are affecting your beneficial bacteria.

You said one of the fish looked like the stomach was sucked in a little? Could be internal parasites. You will not only need to treat the tank, but also feed anti-parasitic food, as dosing the tank doesn't do a lot for internal parasites, but does take care of the parasites that might be in the water column and in the gravel.

I started med foods last night. I had also thought my tank my be going throw a cycle do to the meds. So I added some gravel and a filter from another tank this morning. Trying to see if that would help with the readings. I should know more on that in a short time. As for the medcaded foods. Time will tell.

I too have had a bizarre extended period where fish die for no reason at all. Since we are 1000's of miles apart, I don't think we can say it's a local issue. Read through my previous posts and see it this sounds familiar. I finally treated with an anti-biotic food from Jungle Labs for 10 days and things have stabilized now for more than 2 weeks. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=80380&highlight=

Keep us posted on how your fish do. I found out how quickly and rather silently parasites can kill. Quite often they are hard to diagnose. Good luck. Hopefull this will work.

Back
Top Bottom