Kordons Ick Attack, disease preventative?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

V227

Aquarium Advice Addict
Made two good pick ups yesterday from the LFS. The fish had been out of their shipping bags less than two hrs. When I happened upon them. Fish looked in great shape, too good of deal to pass up, so I bought them. While in display tank noticed one fish occasionally shook his head and flared it's gills. No parasites seen. Maybe a little Ick in gills. Other than that, vibrant, healthy fish.
Put both fish in 65 gal. For QT. I didn't want to nuke the tank with Copper, or any of the dye meds, and screw up the BB, so I opted for Kordons Ick Attack (Herbal). I believe same company makes Rid Ick, I've treated the tank twice, and the water is stained like tea.
Evidently, no water changes needed during treatment, suggested treatment duration, one week Anyone successfully use the herbal stuff for QT / Acclimation or actual treatment of a
Parasite outbreak?

I don't use the product but have read on it .
As a preventative 'med' I think it might be wonderful .
As for possibly 'curing' anything they even just about rule it out themselves in the literature .
I hate to say I rank it with mela fix and pima fix ? The product claims only 5% active ingredient in the whole product so 95% water ?
Kordon Ich-Attack contains 5% active ingredients consisting of five natural organic herbals, based on their containing patented naphthoquinones. Totally free of chemicals (such as formalin and malachite) and all heavy metals, including zinc and copper.
It might be a great preventative but I would not use it for any real issue.
Does it smell like the fixes ?
I know the Herbtana natural med did..

I really didn't notice much of an odor, but it stains the water like Dark Water Extract. The new fish became more active after the first dose, probably due to the darkened environment. I'm going to dose one more time tomorrow, then a big WC. I'll be surprised if I'm able to see the fish after the third dose. Lol. The stuff really darkens the water. I keep real meds handy, just in case.

Back
Top Bottom