Kuhli loaches dying one by one, what's happening?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toad

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I've had three khuli's for around three years, and just recently bought two more a few weeks ago. I lost one of the originals about a week and half ago to the same thing that I just found in another older one.

I did a water change less than a week ago, it's a 30g with guppies, a bnp, a clown pleco and Malaysian trumpet snails. It's like they just have it happen overnight, but I can't always tell whose who when they come out except the bigger ones are the older ones.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426646423.702623.jpg

Awe that looks a little sad. :(

Looks almost like an infected wound. But I see you have sand which should be fun for them...

Might be some sort of tumor from old age? There are much more experienced people here than I but I have 5 Kuhlis :)

I love my fish!!!

You may have introduced something (bacterial) into the tank with the most recent addition. I really cannot recommend anything medication wise (no experience with anything other than Ich). Hopefully someone will chime in with a solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I know, it almost looks like bite wounds but I can't imagine the plecos are doing it, they're not starving and it just started. Nothing is wrong with the rest of the fish, the only thing I can think of is that they're scraping against something in the driftwood hunk and then it gets infected?

It died yesterday, the others seem fine so far.

Back
Top Bottom