Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-20-2020, 10:31 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Lathargic fish

I recently moved from Montana to Louisville, KY and I brought my fish with me. I have 4 goldfish and a pleco. The entire trip they seemed fine and we changed their water everyday but as soon as we got to Louisville they became lethargic. Right now they are in a temp tank until I get my large tank setup. I'm hoping to do a walstad tank so that may take a while. I've been using the tap water cleaner and I just tried some stress coat but they are still acting lethargic. One of the fish got very aggressive and was hurting herself and had really big bruises. We put her into a smaller tank by herself in some distilled water and she got better and her bruises were starting to heal and she was acting just fine, she died this morning. We put distilled water in the other tank hoping that the other fish would stop being lethargic but they didn't change. I dunno what it could be anymore. The aerator makes the water all foamy Even though there water is mostly distilled. I'm not sure what to do. Is it something in the water? They haven't been eating much either. Do they have some disease? We went to a feeder supply place to ask the fish Handler what I should do and he said the stress coat should work.

Old 09-22-2020, 08:50 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

What is "tap water cleaner" you mention?

Water changes are a good idea. But use regular tap water with a dechlorinator like Prime, and make sure to match the temperature as you change water.

I hope your fish are okay. It never feels good to have to move fish around.

fearlessfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:17 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearlessfisch View Post
What is "tap water cleaner" you mention?

Water changes are a good idea. But use regular tap water with a dechlorinator like Prime, and make sure to match the temperature as you change water.

I hope your fish are okay. It never feels good to have to move fish around.

I use PRIME, that seems to be the favorite of most people.

Tags
fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com