Lathargic fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kirdox

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently moved from Montana to Louisville, KY and I brought my fish with me. I have 4 goldfish and a pleco. The entire trip they seemed fine and we changed their water everyday but as soon as we got to Louisville they became lethargic. Right now they are in a temp tank until I get my large tank setup. I'm hoping to do a walstad tank so that may take a while. I've been using the tap water cleaner and I just tried some stress coat but they are still acting lethargic. One of the fish got very aggressive and was hurting herself and had really big bruises. We put her into a smaller tank by herself in some distilled water and she got better and her bruises were starting to heal and she was acting just fine, she died this morning. We put distilled water in the other tank hoping that the other fish would stop being lethargic but they didn't change. I dunno what it could be anymore. The aerator makes the water all foamy Even though there water is mostly distilled. I'm not sure what to do. Is it something in the water? They haven't been eating much either. Do they have some disease? We went to a feeder supply place to ask the fish Handler what I should do and he said the stress coat should work.

What is "tap water cleaner" you mention?

Water changes are a good idea. But use regular tap water with a dechlorinator like Prime, and make sure to match the temperature as you change water.

I hope your fish are okay. It never feels good to have to move fish around.

What is "tap water cleaner" you mention?

Water changes are a good idea. But use regular tap water with a dechlorinator like Prime, and make sure to match the temperature as you change water.

I hope your fish are okay. It never feels good to have to move fish around.

I use PRIME, that seems to be the favorite of most people.

Back
Top Bottom