life and death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Biggles

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
it is amazing ,my new 4ft tank is one big whitespot zone and I'd say it is in a nitrite peak,I am doing everything everyone recommends,heat ,salt ,pwc every two days 40% etc .Thanks for all the advice I wish I'd discovered the forum before I bought my fish,it has been a little sad ,lost a few neons and platies this morning,so did another pwc all the other fish are hanging in there ,infact the gouramis so far look fantastic,also the fantail and the cory cats and bristlenoses,In the middle of my pwc today my son said mum there is a baby fish,I was shocked there was a tiny baby ,must be a platy as my guppies are still pregnant,only saw him for an instant ,then tonight I saw another slightly bigger one hiding in the rocks.I hope they survive but even if they don't it gave us a glimmer of hope

Whitespot zone? Is that ick? Sorry your having these troubles. Hopefully you are nearing the end of them. But...."yay for babies." :p

well here is an update on my tank,yesterday I finally decided to get some meds for my tank,I just could not get the temp up past 25C.well i decided to add it at half dose for twice as long because that's what it said to do if there were catfish in the tank.Anyway the bristlenoses seemed to freak outl ast night and were very active seeking air at the top of the tank I expected to find them dead this morning but yippee thay were fine ,they had returned to their normal selves thank god!Unfortuately all my neon tetras died I only had 4 left before I added the meds out of twenty so that is pretty tragic,also the head & tail light looked a bit sad but they picked up today,the goldfish and gouramis didn't miss a beat and seem to be on the mend as do the guppies and I bronze catfish the bigger guy "puss" is fine so far but little "kitty" passed away last night she had been very lethargic ,with no appetite for about a week so I think the meds were the final blow.wow what a steep learning curve I can not believe the fish shops did not tell me about cycling and whitespot etc.The other amazing thing is the tiny baby platy is still alive and hiding among the rocks,I really hope he makes it :)

Back
Top Bottom