Listless danio?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amartha

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, all.

I currently have five danios (four Glo Fish and one pearl danio) who have all been living together in relative harmony for a while. There has been chasing, but no nipping or anything like that. I had a sixth who died recently after bloating really badly and rather (to me) inexplicably, and its death was very sudden, as the problem developed and the fish died in the same day. It doesn't look like any of the other fish have the same problem that it had. Everyone's been behaving fine in the couple of days since then, and everyone's been eating fine.

As of right now, though, four out of the five are still behaving normally, but my male Glo Fish--who is usually massively energetic and who chases the females around a lot--is floating listlessly near the bottom of the tank with his fins all pressed up against him. His fins, as far as I can tell, don't look tattered or anything. He doesn't react when fish swim right up to him, although he sometimes reacts to my tapping the glass, and while he does move sometimes, he's not nearly as active as is normal for him.

My tank is cycled, I have no Ammonia or Nitrites. My Nitrates are between 0-5. My pH is stable at 7.6.

Really worried about the little guy, especially since I've had a death in the tank recently that happened so suddenly Any thoughts?

Amartha

Back
Top Bottom