Little white specks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SKEET

Aquarium Advice Regular
More than half my fish have tiny white specks mainly on their fins.

Is this ick??

What to do about???

It is probably ich. Increase the heat in your tank slowly to 87 degrees. Keep it there for 2 weeks after the last spot is gone. What inhabitants are in the tank? You may be able to add salt but it depends on what you have stocked.

heat method best way to go. Treated twice now with little to no loss. (lost a few cories once ) just remember to raise and lower temp slowly at maybe 1-2 deg per hour.

Thank you folks, I did find some articles on it and it sure seems that is what I have.

I have started raising my temp.

Raising the temp is the best solution for ick. Above 86 degrees. May want to go a little above that so you know that the temp fluctuations won't bring it below 86 degrees. I like setting mine at around 89 degrees for ick. Then if it's a hard case that doesn't seem to want to go away, then you will need to up it to 92 degrees with lots of bubbles from an airstone or wand. I had to do that once, as 89 degrees wasn't cutting it.

Back
Top Bottom