Long-Finned Rosy Barb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqualady40

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am not sure if this normal for a female that is carrying eggs, is it?
I have 2 RB's that are not long finned and they spawn every other day and that female never gets this huge; on the other hand, I have one long fin male and this one long fin female. Her fins are not coned, she eats like the others, very active all day long, any thoughts any one????

Click for pic
Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - Geronica's Album: Miscellaneous Pics

Well since I could not get any replies, I took the fish back to lfs and exchanged for another one. For some reason they all seem to have some form of a big belly but not as "huge" as she was

If I had to guess I'd say that rosy was definitely carrying eggs. I've never seen one look like that normally.

yeah I thought she was carrying eggs but she was really larger than my other female that was spawning with my male...I took her back to lfs and they said she looked like she possibly have gout so I am surely glad I exchanged her for another female...when she was in the tank the male rb never tried mating but with the new female...omg..he dashes for her as a mater of fact he found her once she was placed in...it was nice to see they were interested in each other...fingers crossed that it all works out...

Back
Top Bottom