Losing Black Neon Tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iheartmyed9

Aquarium Advice Freak
Yesterday I came in and noticed my black neon tetra swimming jaggedly through my tank kind of swirling through the air. He looked in a extremely bad way. Well he passed away yesterday. I buy fish from PETCO and Petsmart cause I thought they were my only options. Luckily I've found better. The point to saying that is this, some fish I buy from there don't make it. Like they were sick from the store. Or at least I figure anyway since my parameters or spot on. Well I thought so anyway. I never looked into my Ph. Its 8.0 according to my API master kit. Is this what is causing my tetras to die? I lost another one this morning. He had a brown patch on his head. Clearly light brown and not white. Any ideas? Ammonia is 0

My current stock
6 blue neon tetra
3 black neon tetra
1 German blue ram
1 platinum angel
1 veil angel
2 honey dwarf guarami
2 Dalmatian mollies
6 zebra glofish
2 golden claw fiddler crabs
1 bamboo shrimp
5 ghost shrimp

That's what's so weird about this. My ram is doong great and he's very sensitive. The tetras are a notoriously hardy fish. I think this is gonna be a Ph problem..

An aquarium's pH doesn't really matter to most freshwater fish as long as it's stable. A general rule of thumb is to let your fish change to adapt to the pH, not the other way around. Did you quarantine your neons when you bought them? What are your parameters/is the tank cycled?

Back
Top Bottom