Loss my precious Micky Mouse Platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newfisher

Aquarium Advice Activist
This morning at feeding, my precious, sweet little Blue Mickey Mouse Platy Minnie did not join the others. Usually she is the first to greet me each morning. She would nibble at my finger, nudge against my hand, and eat out of my hand. She was my fishy-friend. I found her way in the very back of the tank. It did not look like she had been dead for long. I have no clue what she died from. She was healthy. About eight weeks ago I had to treat her for Ich, but she recovered just fine. It seems that the only type of fish that I have lost has been a Platy. I wonder why that is? It is such a puzzlement. Rest in peace little friend!

Attachments

• image-3239165188.jpg
    image-3239165188.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 84
I am so very sorry that you lost a fish; if I lost one of mine it would break my heart...

Fish can have genetic problems just like people do. They can die suddenly from heart attacks, stroke or any other of a number of things without any outward signs of trouble.

Just watch your other fish to make sure that it isn't something else.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I know how sad it can make you to lose a favorite fish like that.

Thank you Rosen and Shadow for your kind thoughts and Shadow, for your insight. Minnie was a feisty little fish that seemed to have a "in your face" kind of quirky attitude. That is why her demise caught me by surprise. If a fish could ever love a human back...she did:)

What an adorable little platy. It almost looks like a heart one her tail. I also have Blue Mickey Mouse platy named Minnie and I love her to death. So very sorry for your loss.

Guppy lover-thank you so much . How neat that your Platy is the same as my Minnie! Same type, color, and name. BTW I love your quote...it is beautiful and touching.

Back
Top Bottom