lost 2 fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I had a veiled gold ram who was pretty beat up when I got him (for a steal really). If anyone remembers I almost thought he had ich after I Put him in the tank.
I also still had one cycle platy in there.

Both were kind of ill where the platy always had almost clear feces (never saw signs of worms tho) and the ram was not eating unless it was frozen peas I found.

I always periodically feed my fish the kens medicated food but recently treated my tank once with prazi pro and then once with seachems paragaurd.

One thing I will say is my water the past couple weeks was HOT. Like 86+ due to our massive heat wave and not having central air. I tried to add cool water (treated) a couple time but it never really helped.

Ayway both fish died within a week apart, my platy last night as he stopped eating and was swimming at the top of the tank lethargically. I actually pulled him out by hand to put in a QT container.

Anyway my question is this.
I know high temps accelerate parasite and fungus cycles, so between the heat and my meds could it have been too much on the fish?

All my other fish seem great, should I be worried. Im in the paraguard treatment stage now.

Thanks

sux cause we had a guppy plague/goby in our 5 gallon. I know it wasnt me tho cause when I went back to the LFS I got them from their guppy tank was EMPTY. The girl told me they had some weird die off too. SHe thought it was the heat as well as the AC goes off at night and the tank would be boiling when she got in for the morning.

Back
Top Bottom