Lost my daddy guppy today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shadyside reef

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am very, very new to this. I have lost a few guppies trying to get started, but all had settled in well, and with a batch of 6 healthy fry (from 2 mums). Yesterday though, my lone daddy guppy was just sitting on the bottom looking sad. He perked up at feeding time and he ate, but it was like he was bent in half - like a circle shape. He was moving about but just didn't look right.

I noticed about a week ago that he looked bloated almost like he was going to give birth. I just thought I was overfeeding and cut down the feed a little.

This morning, out of concern that I might lose all the fry and the other mums, I moved him to a different tank with a air stone. I was kind of hoping to resuscitate him, but it didn't work. Got home tonight to him dead on the bottom.

Has anyone come across this before and should I be concerned about the other guppies?

Feed him/her cooked peeled mashed peas it should help if any of your other fish get it

Some pictures would be nice. Is your tank cycled? What are your water parameters?

Cycling 45 Gallon. ???

Back
Top Bottom