Lost two Cories, betta might be next :( HELP!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jnizzle

Aquarium Advice Regular
So i lost two of my five emerald cories, they are about a month old. Tank is a 20 high and planted pretty heavily. I first noticed one of the cories was super pale and i thought it was normal because he was acting fine, but another one got pale and they both died. the other three are bigger and much more colorful and still healthy.

My betta now has clamped fins and what looks like a white slime coat on him and one cory has a white streak of the same stuff. My bristlenose plec has a white spot on the tip of his fin as well...

water params: PH 7.8 AMMO 0 NIT 0 NITRATE 0-5ppm

Id hate to lose any more of my tank does someone know whats going on??

:thanks:

Fish Loss

Hello j...

Sorry about your fish, but none live forever. Without the benefit of a working knowledge of fish biology and a microscope, there's no way to tell if you have a tank problem or not.

I would raise the temperature in the tank to about 82 degrees over the next 48 hours and immediately start an aggressive water change routine, by removing and replacing at least half the water in your tank every two to three days and do this for a couple of weeks.

In my humble opinion, no matter the problem, a little warmth and a lot of pure, treated water flushed through the tank will generally help.

After a couple of weeks, return the tank temp to about 76 degrees, and start changing half the tank water once a week from then on.

B

Back
Top Bottom