Lumps on my Orandas head??!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly123

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone!! My Oranda Goldfish has developed some lumps on his head, some are the same colour of his wen but a couple are slightly whitish. He’s been through some prettty serious shock I’m the past week, his best friend died in an ammonia spike and he was in a hospital tank for a few days. He’s looking back to normal, but maybe a little lonely (I’ll buy him a new friend in the next couple days). What are these lumps?? Any advice or comments are extremely appreciated!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 215
Not sure if that's anything at all. You might have to wait and see if it gets worse.

Your Oranda

Hi everyone!! My Oranda Goldfish has developed some lumps on his head, some are the same colour of his wen but a couple are slightly whitish. He’s been through some prettty serious shock I’m the past week, his best friend died in an ammonia spike and he was in a hospital tank for a few days. He’s looking back to normal, but maybe a little lonely (I’ll buy him a new friend in the next couple days). What are these lumps?? Any advice or comments are extremely appreciated!!

Hello Lilly...

Orandas have lumpy heads. I keep these fish and as they age, the wen gets lumpy. The fish looks fine to me. Just keep the tank water clean with lots of large, weekly water changes. I add a teaspoon of standard aquarium salt to every 5 gallons of replacement water and feed organic spinach every week in addition to their regular diet to keep them healthy.

B

Hello Lilly...

Orandas have lumpy heads. I keep these fish and as they age, the wen gets lumpy. The fish looks fine to me. Just keep the tank water clean with lots of large, weekly water changes. I add a teaspoon of standard aquarium salt to every 5 gallons of replacement water and feed organic spinach every week in addition to their regular diet to keep them healthy.

B

Thank you so much ?I haven’t had Orandas for very long so I wasn’t sure if lumpy wens were normal.

Back
Top Bottom