Lumpy Tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharkbutter

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My neon tetra has a lumpy belly. He has been treated for bloat and sort of helped for a day. He is swimming fine, no discoloration, Just a really large lumpy stomach. I have had him on algae based food but he never eats when offered. He has been in isolation for about 2 weeks and is not getting quickly worse, but no better. He has no popping scales so it is not Dropsy, I don't think. Neon Tetra Disease (but again, no discoloration.) Tumors?!?

He came down with it about 2 days after a cross town move. Probably bad water quality :( Sorry Fish.

10gal
All parameters steady
All other fish fine, but they miss the other guy. He completed them.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Not even one reply. That is about the 3rd time this has happened. Am I not giving you enough information? Am I being a dumb newb? From now on I will go elsewhere for advice on my sick pet.

Don't be like that. You get good advice here. The issue is people look on the side on recent disscussions and sometimes a topic gets pushed down. Just bump the thread and it gets replyed too. Just like you just did.

Check here. It is this:
Fish Disease - Neon Tetra Disease

1 symptom is a lumpy body.

The only thing you can do is seperate the infected fish so that it doesnt spread to other fish or euthinize it.

Back
Top Bottom