Male Beta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wetfishies

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does Blue have Velvet,fin biting, or Finrot?

My mom has him in a 5 gal aquarium, heater & filter & water levels are great.
he sometimes clings to a plant but we don`t know if he is sleeping or scratching. Please click on the photo for a larger view

xzz.jpg

xzzz.jpg

xzzzzz.jpg

2pics.jpg

It looks like possible fin rot by the dark ends of the tail. Can't tell if he has velvet or if he's biting his own tail. Shine a flashlight on him and if he looks like he is covered in gold, he has velvet (Google an image of velvet to see the whole gold thing) and tail biting is because he is bored so maybe try adding more plants or giving him a change of decor in his tank.

I'm not an expert so if one of the more experienced answer I'd say go with their expertise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Also bettas like to lay on large leaves of plants so he may just be relaxing. Itching is very noticeable IME. He'll rub against something and then spaz for second and do so repeatedly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If water parameters are checking out good then it could be tail biting or just from the tank. Plastic plants, sharp decor, and pointed gravels can tear those fragile fins.

Caleb

When he does this, it looks like he is sticking to it. He will just stay there and then move and go back to it and do it again then that`s it. But it`s not a continuous over & over thing.

Back
Top Bottom