Male guppy bloated & sick Molly.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kuba91

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I have a male guppy that's been bloated, looks like a ballon, for the last three days now. He hasn't been swimming much nor eating and just sits at the bottom of the tank. He is in a tank with several other fish that don't show these signs. How can I make him get better? And does anyone know what's wrong? Also the condition of the tank is perfect, water has been changed and conditioned and ph is perfect.
I should mention too that I also have a Molly in the tank who has been acting odd but only at night, swims with what seems like a bent tail with head down tail up downwards in a spiral motion, I have had this happen to another Molly before which soon after died so am a bit worried, any advice on what to do for both fish would be great.

sounds like swim bladder disorder... commonly caused by overfeeding.
just mash up some boiled and skinned peas and feed them to your fish, it works as a laxative and should help the problem :)
Not sure about the guppy being bloated... do his scales stick out like pine cones?

One way that you can help your guppy is to do a pea feeding. Boil the peas until soft, de-shell them and then crush them up. He might just be bloated with food and that should help his digestive tract.

Edit: Goldfish beat me to it!

Back
Top Bottom