Medicate for Infection AND Parasite at once?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mound

Aquarium Advice Activist
Based on my thread for help with my c.moorii who ha a red/swollen fin, I've come to the conclusion that the problem here is one of two things:
1. a secondary infection from an injury
2. a parasite.

The fish has had this ailment for 3 weeks now, at first I treated with Melafix, but that didn't seem to do much. This fish in particular has just recently (in the last couple of days) stopped eating. he's not listless, but he's stopped eating. (for the first few weeks, he loved to eat, so I thought it was just an external injury).. Somebody on my other thread mentioned it sounded like a parasite.

Anyway - I'm currently treating with a 5 day MaracynTwo treatment. My question is - can/should I also treat with CopperSafe or Maracide in conjunction with the Maracyn? Would that cause any problems? Which of the two mentioned above would you recommend for parasites?

Thanks!

Heya again mound:

Went n did a little online research. It appears Maracyn-Two (Antibiotic (Minocycline) tablets recommended for the treatment of popeye, gill disease, fin and tail rot, dropsy, septicemia, secondary and internal infections.) can be combined with Maracide (Concentrated drops effective aginst ick, trichodina, chilodinella and related parasites). You can read about it here: http://www.bettasrus.com/products/maracyn2.htm

Please understand I personally have NO experience in either medication, and am just passing along what I have read online. As they say, your mileage may vary.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom