My little DP has come down with something, im guessing internal parasites since that's common in them. His breathing has been off but not concerningly hard until today; he's just been resting on some of his ornaments and had a bit of red eye going on and a lumpy belly. I've already put some Paraguard in the water, but I was wondering how to soak his food. He only eats snails and frozen bloodworms. I tried soaking the bloodworms in Parasite Guard (tetra brand, little tablets) and he reluctantly nibbled on one but didnt take the others. He still tore into some snails that I gave him though, so it's not that he doesnt want to eat at all, just didnt like the taste the meds gave the bloodworms I guess.
My main question is can I successfully soak the snails? Will they absorb enough meds to be effective? How long should I try to soak them? Do you think adding some garlic to the soak will help him get over the taste?
Another question is, is there a better med I can buy for just dosing the tank? Paraguard seems to be mainly for external parasites from what I gathered from the bottle, though I've heard it be used for internal as well. Is there anything specifically for internal parasites, or should I just stick to a general med for now?
He's in a 10 gal
with one ghost shrimp, parameters are 0/0/40,
Sorry this is so long, I'm trying to get out as much info as I can
I really hope im not too late, he's honestly the best fish I've ever kept