Medicine fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

felipe

Aquarium Advice Regular
sometimes when i feel really bad and i go to my room, or my mom sends me up there and i am really mad, i stare at my golfish and watch them swimming around the tank. It seriously calms me down. It's like mezmorizing. haha i dunno how to spell that word. but In Ace ventura when the rich guy is like "no matter whats going on in my life, i can always watch them swim" HE is soo right. I just put on that forest gump into song and just stare at my fish, the bigg one moves really gracefully so it is the most calming. I have 5 different fish. 2 fantails that arew bright orange and 3 shabunkin goldfish that are multi-colored. They are probably the most beautiful animals i have every seen. Soo nest time you feel down or upset, go and put on your favorite mellow song, and just stare at the fishes[/center]

That is wonderful advice. My very first fishtank was put into the room I used to call my meditation room....Now it has so many tanks we have to call it the fish room...but it is still my most favorite place in the house and when I close the door, I can get lost in time in there.

I had a fish room, then decided that tranquility was a whole house thing, and put all of the tanks in different rooms. That way, I've got a peaceful, easy feeling (how many times can you post and break out into an Eagles song?).

I don't think there are any medications in the world more relaxing than watching my tank. I don't feel groggy afterwards either. Kudos for reminding us of the relaxing qualities of our hobby.

Yeah, iit's a great way to unwind after a long difficult day, natural relaxation. I think there have even been scintific studies showing that lokking at a fish tank will lower your blood pressure and reduce stress levels.

corvuscorax said:
Yeah, iit's a great way to unwind after a long difficult day, natural relaxation. I think there have even been scintific studies showing that lokking at a fish tank will lower your blood pressure and reduce stress levels.
yea i heard that, same thing with dogs. hmmm something about animals i guess. fish really calm me down

Back
Top Bottom