medicine for fin rot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harriet

Aquarium Advice Regular
my angelfish recently have been getting lot of split fins and the small one looked like it was getting fin rot but super light but i decided to treat with the king british fin rot and fungus control not realising medicines take away the beneficial bacteria too there new tank is almost cycled anyway but there will be a BN pleco in there old tank alone will i have to completely recycle it i have a smaller filter that is cycled and that tank will be just a fry tank soon so should i just get a sponge filter put that in wait for bacteria to grow in that one then move the old filter to the medicated tank

or if not a sponge filter a super small filter that has no holes they can get sucked into

sorry for these messages being so spreaded out just kept thinking of more info to provide

A sponge will be enough for a 10 gallon. And it's better for fry. Either way those meds will kill the bb, you'll just have to watch the water parameters

Back
Top Bottom