Melafix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nsx

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone else think Melafix is hard to pour? Every time I try to pour it into the little measuring cup I use, it runs down the side of the bottle (both 4 and 8 oz sizes). I always have to do cleanup of the general area after using Melafix.

How do you guys pour it? :)

Ask for syringes at pharmacies if you can not get them at the LFS. Where I live (Maine), all pharmacies carry syringes and will sell them to anyone who asks. They are mostly for people with diabetes but sometimes people just want them for various projects (and hopefully not drugs). The syringes were 20 cents each last time I checked. Pretty good deal for a medical grade measuring device. I just snapped the needles off before using them to measure.

I would like to thank my chemistry professors and biology professors, along with all my former students. Nothing like an audience to make one get their pouring straight!

Pouring

Hi. - I can happily state that I've only used it twice - but I resorted to an eye-dropper from my local pharmacy. - Frank/Guppyman

Back
Top Bottom