Melafix and Pimafix ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squealor

Aquarium Advice Regular
Some of my rainbows are displaying some ragged tail fins - I think they've been nibbling on each other a bit and I wanted to add Melafix and Pimafix to the tank to help them heal. I know that certain meds aren't good for certain fish (i.e. cories) and I want to make sure that all my other fish will be ok if I do this...
Are there any fish that shouldn't have Melafix or Pimafix?

I agree melafix should be fine. Keep an eye on it to make sure it isn't fin rot and just aggressive nipping. Moving this to sick fish as it pertains to fish illness and medications.

The only fish that I've heard having problems with MelaFix and PimaFix are gouramies and bettas. Apparently these extracts irritate their labrynth organ.

I've used both products, singly and together. I'd suggest starting off with Melafix first. If the fins don't show improvement after a few days, you could try both meds together. The most important thing is to keep the water clean. You might want to slip an extra small water change each week into your usual schedule until the fins heal up.

Back
Top Bottom