Methylyne Blue and turtles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gloomy

Aquarium Advice Regular
In our yellow bellied slider tank we keep a few feeder minnows...These minnows came from someone's pond...and have all been healthy until now.
One appears to have a white poofy fungus...would a treatment containing methylyne blue be safe for the turtle?
Or should I just set up a hospital tank...? I was hoping not to...
Wait...wroooong medicine....what should I use...for this...I have melafix and some cheap version of methylyne blue....I am confused?
The temp on the tank is 78 and my boyfriend buts ammonia remover in the water...so my test results are always funky

Do you have a bucket? Just set up a bucket with an airstone, and add the methylene blue. Dunno how the turtle would react to it, but I wouldn't try it. A QT Bucket, is very easy and cheap to set up. Malachite Green would also be a good choice. Quick cure, usually Malachite Green and Formalin, works great on fungus.

yep- turtles can be prone to respiratory infections and such....so, just to be safe, I wouldn't add anything to the main tank that might alter the turtle's immune system in any way. A hospital bucket is the way to go!

Back
Top Bottom