metro dosage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StrangelyNormal

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi, nobody is really watching my other thread so I am posting this to determine a dosage ASAP.

when using medicated metro food for a particularly difficult strain of hex, should you also dose the water? I am using hikari metro+. For metro do you dose daily with 25% changes or dose once? I need to know if anyone knows

Hi, nobody is really watching my other thread so I am posting this to determine a dosage ASAP.

when using medicated metro food for a particularly difficult strain of hex, should you also dose the water? I am using hikari metro+. For metro do you dose daily with 25% changes or dose once? I need to know if anyone knows

Metro doesn't dissolve well in water. You have to raise the temperature. Hex is an internal parasite that lives in the stomach or gut. Its passed on in fish waste and is spread that way.

Ingestion is the best method. We had this discussion a bit back about my firemouth's and they have significantly improved. Problem is they need to be eating in the first place. Only dose metro if not. I think it may be harmful to inverts too.

Get a very small shallow container such as a lid off something and wash it out. Place some pellets in the lid. Mix 1 scoop of metro in a small container. Stir it round then use a pipette to extract the water and metro before the metro can settle. Drop the mixture over the pellets until they are just about saturated. Leave to dry for a couple of days or use a fan to dry them faster. Once dried the metro should have adhered itself to the pellets. Drop some pellets in and watch them eat.

Vacuum fish poop up and do large water changes to reduce the number of free swimming parasites.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Temp is at 81 high enough you think? Also I have seachems metro (i decided to say heck with it and just got really really fast shipping) so I'm using that instead.

Thanks for the help. Anyone know about gel foods? I have repashy.

"Seachems" metro.......? so like its not in powder form? They will absorb a little bit thru their gills but its not gonna be nearly as effective as powder right in their food.

it's all powder, seachem's is just a higher concentration. decided to only do food. thanks again guys.

So they've shrunk, and one is gone entirely. The ones around his eyes have shrunk and he just generally looks better. But he may have a bacterial infection.

Not sure if I should do Kana and Metro, worried about his kidneys. How long should I do this for? Seems we've got a bit of a slow advance.

Back
Top Bottom