MIA - Mr. Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Breeze

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had a 3" Pleco that was over 5 years old. I can't find him anymore and he always came out for his cucumber.

I have a heavily planted tank, with driftwood and rocks. To try and find him would be a major disturbance to the landscape.

The question is, what are the considerations leaving him in the tank to decompose. I have a 29 gal tank with great filtration. What do you think?

Thanks!

Trust me dont even bother looking for missing pleco's I've torn down entire tanks, nothing, and he's there the next morning

I know what your talking about. However, he struck me a little sluggish the last few days before he disappeared. Lifespan is about 5 years for the smaller species, right?

Decomposing fish will spike the ammonia. Just the same as anything else that decomposes in the tank, food included.

Clown loaches are very sensitive to spikes in ammonia. I'm not sure about this, but I think a three inch fish is enough to be dangerous in a thirty gallon tank. When you smell the tank, does it smell bad?

Back
Top Bottom