minimum size quarrantine for a quarter dollar sized angelfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guffy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My ex sent my six year old home with an angelfish that my son says has been in a bag 3 days. I have a 6 gallon tank with a Betta and a 10 gallon tank with some Endlers Livebearers (3). Obviously neither of these are good tankmates. The question is- can I put the Betta in a bowl overnight while I try to find a new home for the angelfish, or does the angelfish need to be in the 10 gallon? (And the betta in the bowl and the endlers in the 6 gallon) I can't move any of the other fish in the other tanks and have nothing bigger than a 10 gallon. Or is the poor thing going to die either way? The water is cold, we're an hour from home in traffic and I have the bag in my shirt trying to warm it up.

Gotta love those gift fish! That happened to me when I was in high school and didn't have a tank. A friend just showed up at my house with a fish in a jar!

I would move the angelfish to the betta's tank, and move the betta to a bowl. It's not ideal, but it should work ok until you are able to find a new home for the angelfish. Fish are typically a lot more resilient than you'd expect, so don't worry too much- just do the best you can. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom