Missing Scales on my Betta's Head?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danisnotonfire

Aquarium Advice Newbie
(Pics below)
I'm not exactly sure where to post this, but earlier today, I bought my betta from the local petstore, (just an off brand store that sells varieties of pets) and I picked him because he was (in my opinion) the most beautiful and seemed to be active.
After getting him settled into his new 5g tank he was still very active and swam around the tank activily. But i noticed that the top of his head was discoloured, then I noticed it kind of looks like he doesn't have any scales on his head! I'm worried that he might be sick of some sorts, anyone have any experience or heard of this before? Please help! Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_1529.jpg
    IMG_1529.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 181
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 130
Aww poor guy. Having a decent size tank is going to help. He might have a bacterial infection, but the scale loss could also be from stress. Frequent water changes would be my first strategy.

He looks ok, I see you have a new home for him which is great.
I have old fish that have lost scales (never grew back) and they are all doing fine, so for now I would not worry.

Back
Top Bottom