Missing white clouds and really fat black skirts???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReneeMarie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Good day all :) I have a question I hope someone can answer. I had 3 white clouds up until 3 days ago. Now all of a sudden only 1 remains??? They were all there, perfectly healthy, swimming, eating and then presto - 2 vanished without a trace. I've checked the water - nothing is indicating any decay so I can't see that they've died and are rotting somewhere in the tank. I did however notice that 2 of my long fin black skirts are looking particularly plump (way fat) as of a couple days ago??? Could they have eaten the white clouds??? I don't know whether I should get him some more schooling buddies or not as I wonder if they'll just get eaten eventually as well???

The tank info: 55 gallon with 4 silver dollars (about 4 inches), 3 long fin black skirts (2-3 inches), one plec (4-5 inches), 8 cardinal tetras and the 1 remaining white cloud. I feed twice a day (diet includes flake, spirulina, daphnia, brine shrimp) and do a 20% PWC and maintenance weekly.

Thank you for any advice :)

You have nothing that would eat them. Is the top covered? They either took a dive or they passed on and the remains are some where in the tank or your filter.

I had a white cloud jumper the other day during a PWC. I never would have noticed except the cat freaked out and pounced. Luckily he had no idea what to do once he had the fish!

Back
Top Bottom