Molly fish lyretail tail disappeared?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mollyfish1350

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I’m new to this page and I have a silver lyretail molly fish... well she used to be lyretail now her tail just looks like my other normal molly fish? Her lyretail wasn’t very long but it still had two points on each end now she doesn’t have any.. I have a gold dust lyretail molly as well and he still has his lyretail. Is it possible she just grew out of it since it wasn’t very big?

Pictures please?

I can’t get a good picture of my fish, she moves too much and I also don’t have a picture of what her tail used to look like but I got these pictures from google and they look almost exactly the same from what her tail previously looked like to now. The points on her tail were just a little bit smaller than the picture of the Lyretail molly I found other than that it’s the exact same.

Attachments

• A478A492-0811-47AE-946E-CE7133860932.jpg
    A478A492-0811-47AE-946E-CE7133860932.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 33
  • F0F7C3CF-D89E-49AE-8266-D03F4B4442A8.jpeg
    F0F7C3CF-D89E-49AE-8266-D03F4B4442A8.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 16
It might be she doesn't like the conditions. does she have any tank mates such as livebearers? I've found that they are very social or she may just change fins if she was young when you got her.

Hi I’m new to this page and I have a silver lyretail molly fish... well she used to be lyretail now her tail just looks like my other normal molly fish? Her lyretail wasn’t very long but it still had two points on each end now she doesn’t have any.. I have a gold dust lyretail molly as well and he still has his lyretail. Is it possible she just grew out of it since it wasn’t very big?

She has two other tank mates one male gold dust lyretail molly and one Dalmatian molly. They all seem pretty happy tho they all swim around together and come to the glass when they see me. Oh I also have one baby fish who’s been in the tank for awhile I’m pretty sure it’s from the Dalmatian molly I had the baby separated for awhile and was just put back in recently but yeah I mean she could have been young when I got her she has gotten a decent amount bigger and my Dalmatian molly has gotten quite darker she isn’t as white. Maybe she grew out of it? My male gold dust molly is the smallest and he has his lyretail still

I have a lyretail Molly and I know that their tails can develop differently . Is the dalmatian a female?

Back
Top Bottom