Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-22-2020, 09:34 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Molly fish quickly dying

I have had a momma molly fish since July, she had babies and I now have 10 mollies in a 10 gallon tank (I know that is too many, but I haven't been able to give them away to anyone!) Anyways they have been healthy and active until about two weeks ago. They haven't been eating so the tank got very dirty. I had a sign of ich so that was treated, didn't feed them for a few days, did a partial water change and changed filter. I have a heater and a bubble stone. I noticed one fish sick with bladder disease he was swimming upside down so I quarantined him and he recovered in a day. Then I had two mollies die in the tank overnight. Tank became dirty again. I have now done a full water change, cleaned everything, tested and tank is good so I put the fish back in. But I still notice the fish are sick with something. Still not active still not eating. And now it's affected my momma fish the strongest one. The only thing I can notice appearance wise is their bottom fins turning white and ragged. Some of their bellies look an iridescent white underneath. Almost like their glowing. I hope I can catch this before I lose the momma. Any advice would be helpful, thank you!

Old 01-22-2020, 10:09 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

This reads like classic cycling issues.

Read this ASAP!
I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?! - Aquarium Advice

Let us know if you have any additional questions after you’ve read up on tank cycling.

Tags
dyi, dying, fish, ick, molly

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com