molly fish struggling- help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

outofdawater

Aquarium Advice Newbie
molly fish struggling- please help!

I have 2 mollies and 3 neon tetras in a 10 gallon tank and I moved about a month ago. My mollies have always been the heartiest, they were the 1st fish I got a year ago, but they started getting sluggish when I moved. At first I thought it was the tap water but I was treating it with my usual water conditioner. Ph and alkanity have always been off in my tank, no matter what I do I can't get them right, but they have never a problem- I started using Easy Balance Plus anyway just in case. It's been weeks and they still look sluggish and are now hanging around by the filter (the test strips still look the same ph and alk. wise too). Could humidity be a factor? I don't feel like it's humid, but there is no air conditioning here and I had AC at my last house. Any suggestions on what could be wrong would be awesome- 2 of the tetras I bought from the state I'm in now are completely fine, my other tetra from back home looked to be struggling and by the filter before but now is fine, and now my mollies are struggling. I also put a thermometer in and the temperature is safe- i changed a lot of the water about a week ago after it suddenly got very cold.

What are your water parameters?

Why do you think pH and alkalinity are an issue?

Do you have plenty of surface agititation to oxygenate the water?

What is your normal water change routine? How much, how often?

Is the tank heated?

Back
Top Bottom