Molly fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaphillips438

Aquarium Advice Regular
Florida full time, Kentucky in the summer
I have to batches of fry my (35) 3 week old fry seem to be doing well but my (13) 1 week old fry are pretty much just sitting at the bottom of the tank I make sure everyone gets food I do my water changes, nothing has changed in the past two weeks other than adding they new batch of fry. I know 48 fish in one tank is quite a lot but I had no where else to put them and haven't found someone to take them yet

How big is the tank? What are the water parameters? Ate you sure everyone is eating? Fry are really sensitive, it could be something with the water or it could just be a weak batch.

How big is the tank? What are the water parameters? Ate you sure everyone is eating? Fry are really sensitive, it could be something with the water or it could just be a weak batch.
Tank is 20 gallons
Ammonia -0
Nitrite -0
Nitrate -5
Yes I do blood worms as well as regular feedings of fry food I watch to be sure blood worms sink

I am *assuming* that you only have have fry in this tank. Does it have gravel? What kind of filtration? Does it have a heater? How often & how much do you feed? How often do you do water changes and how much do you change? 48 fry in a 20g is far from overloaded, I have over 50 in my 20g. Your week old fry are sound like they are stressed, partly due to age and possibly also to water conditions. Fry need only a tiny bit of food (think the size of their eye) secerla times a day. They also need water changes every 2/3 days as they are MUCH more sensitive to poor water quality and they also produce hormones which actually stunt/slow their growth.

I am *assuming* that you only have have fry in this tank. Does it have gravel? What kind of filtration? Does it have a heater? How often & how much do you feed? How often do you do water changes and how much do you change? 48 fry in a 20g is far from overloaded, I have over 50 in my 20g. Your week old fry are sound like they are stressed, partly due to age and possibly also to water conditions. Fry need only a tiny bit of food (think the size of their eye) secerla times a day. They also need water changes every 2/3 days as they are MUCH more sensitive to poor water quality and they also produce hormones which actually stunt/slow their growth.
Yes I only have fry and one apple snail in this tank, yes I have natural colored gravel, I have a sponge filter, yes I have a heater, I have an automatic feeder, it feeds four times a day I have it set small but a good amount of fry food comes out, I do a 30% water change every other day.

The one I call eggshell died this morning, I didn't think that this one would make it, they never really got off the ground it would try but it's little tail just couldn't move honestly his whole body wiggled when he tried if you look at the pictures you can see that its spine is all messed up, is this a genetic thing, the mom was pregnant when I got her so I don't know who the father was but she doesn't show any signs of this. 1590935479113.jpg1590935561768.jpg

Back
Top Bottom