Molly fry at bottom and rolling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meghanwarren

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have 16 five week old molly fry in a 20 gallon tank with some other fish (I'm in the process of getting another tank). Last night I noticed that a couple of them had white spots on their fins. I have ick medication but I thought it would be too harsh for all the babies. So, I turned the heat up 2 degrees and changed 25% of the water. I also added some salt and and 2 tsp of Stress Coat + and about 2 tsp of Algae Fix. This morning, one is dead and all the others are at the bottom of the tank. Some are feeding but a few are swimming strangely and rolling over and over. They also look like the scales near their heads have gotten lighter in color. Did I over heat them? What should I do? I turned the heat back down this morning.

What is the temp at? Fry should be able to deal with the heat IMO. Why did you add algae fix? I am guessing the stress coat, plus salt plus heat, plus algae fix may have been too big a change in water chemistry all at once. Try doing a pwc. Salt and heat should be fine to treat the ich with.

Back
Top Bottom