molly swimming up and down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

confusion

Aquarium Advice Regular
1~What type of fish is afflicted? Orange male molly. It is not eating and repeatedly swims up and down against the glass, all day long, for the past few days.
2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? Please give exact values.
0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 10 nitrate, 80F, ph varies a bit due to CO2 and plants. Generally in the range of 6.2 to 6.4.
3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up?
37G cube. Been set up for about 8 months
4~What type of filtration are you using? Please give the name and number (i.e. Fluval 304) and amount of gph if known.
biowheel 350 (350gpm) and a XP2 canister (300GPM)
5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes?
2 angels, 5 mollies, 3 swordtails, 2 rubber lip plecos, 4 ottos.
6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time?
Last water change was 6 days ago. Typically, I do 50% weekly water changes, sometimes I get adventurous and do 2 50% changes per week.
7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them?
I've had him for about 3 months.
8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.?
No
9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently?
tetamin tropical flakes, and freeze dried blood worms.

The tank is heavily planted and I does with ferts and CO2.

So, for about the past week or so, I've noticed that this molly swims up and down, up and down over and over at the front of the tank. An interesting note - I came home from work and found one of my swordtails looking really pale and appeared to be having trouble swimming. I moved her into my QT and she was dead within about 5 minutes. No idea if they are related.

None of the other fish are having problems.

Back
Top Bottom