Molly Swimming Weird - is this normal ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

o5otato5o

Aquarium Advice Activist
notice my molly swimming a little funny when she settles she seams to float to a vertical position so i took a video of her is this normal swimming ?

The first thing to do when you notice your fish acting oddly is to check the toxin levels. Do you have a test kit?

How high is "high"?

You will need to do water changes. Big ones. 50-70% daily (or more) until your ammonia and nitrites stay at zero.

How long have you had this fish?

How long has the tank been set up?

How did you cycle the tank?

if i remember corectly yeaterday it was at 50 water change done and added tetra nitrate remover todays test showed it at 30 will do another water change tomorrow so to my reconing should be sorted in 3 days or less i hope Cycle was done useing old media from my other tank wich was fishless cycled for 8 week water around here is real hard and high ph i currently got ph down to 8.0 from 8.5 im useing water life 7.2 buffer at a slow rate but waiting until after this mini cycle i had a fish die stuck under a rock thi caused the spike i beleive he was there for about 2 days water temp is at 26 i have a 12 inch air stone and 3 filters in there one at 600gph one at 300 gph and the other is a small unknown one tank is 166 litre

nitrate nitrite amonia all now at 0 ph 7.2 :) got white spot tho :( treating with biolife protozin higher temp and a little salt

Back
Top Bottom