Molly with ich in community tank???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angelfish owner

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently got a tank and set it up. It had been cycling for three months and all fish were doing fine (I get all my fish from the same place) About 2 weeks ago I introduced a Molly into a community tank and she was doing fine until today when I noticed she has this little white spots on her. She is a solid black Molly. Is this ich?? If so what do I do? I don't have any spare tanks because I am VERY new to actually keeping fish . Please advise.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20200801_231146.jpg
    MVIMG_20200801_231146.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 1,244
  • MVIMG_20200801_231116.jpg
    MVIMG_20200801_231116.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 81
  • MVIMG_20200801_231118.jpg
    MVIMG_20200801_231118.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 132
Yes she has ich you should quarantine her right away if you have a spare tank, although you will need to treat both tanks with super ich treatment I recommend the API brand follow the directions on the package for your tank and amount of fish follow treatment for the recommended time

Thank you! I originally got her and another female because i already had a male and female Molly and he seemed to stress her out. So I got two so he wouldn't kill her over stress. The ich has already spread to him so I'll just have to treat the whole tank. I've already got some ich x on the way but it won't get here till Friday. I will get the api because you recommend it and I can get it tomorrow. I don't have any spare tanks because this is my first tank. My platys have no symptoms or spots but I'll still treat them because of exposure.

Treatment

Treat entire tank and follow direction on the package . I recommend Fritz FIXICK vs. any other med on the market . It Works and can be used with any water conditioner unlike some of the others on the market . In the future you should QT all new fish prior to placing them with existing stock.
Good Luck

Thank you! I originally got her and another female because i already had a male and female Molly and he seemed to stress her out. So I got two so he wouldn't kill her over stress. The ich has already spread to him so I'll just have to treat the whole tank. I've already got some ich x on the way but it won't get here till Friday. I will get the api because you recommend it and I can get it tomorrow. I don't have any spare tanks because this is my first tank. My platys have no symptoms or spots but I'll still treat them because of exposure.
I am not sure where you are located but I'm in Florida and if you would like some healthy mollies I have plenty that you can have for free I have white Mollies grey Mollies and black mollies I have a load of apple snails as well and I am glad to help a fellow hobbyist

Treat entire tank and follow direction on the package . I recommend Fritz FIXICK vs. any other med on the market . It Works and can be used with any water conditioner unlike some of the others on the market . In the future you should QT all new fish prior to placing them with existing stock.
Good Luck

I know but I don't have any spare tanks. I'm working out a plan for that though. I'll look at the Fritz FIXICK and see. Thank you!

I am not sure where you are located but I'm in Florida and if you would like some healthy mollies I have plenty that you can have for free I have white Mollies grey Mollies and black mollies I have a load of apple snails as well and I am glad to help a fellow hobbyist

Thank you very much but right now, my male and my female dalmatian Molly are trying to mate so I'm about to have more mollies than I know what to do with ? (he hasn't figured out that they're 3 females in the tank) I'll keep the offer in mind though :)

Back
Top Bottom