Mollys fighting and wont stop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kellylake01

Aquarium Advice Regular
SO i have 3 adult mollies that have been living together for a couple of years now and they just recently stated to fight alot. im in a financial bind and re-homing is a last resort ( i'm rather fond of all 3 fish)

at this point all of the fish have torn fins and the worst one has pop eye (again) from fighting im looking for advice to prevent any other fights or at least lessen them.

specks
30g well planted tank
all good ammonia nitrates and nitrites
pH 7.6

neighbors are all fine and healthy. just the mollies fighting

I think this is a common problem with mollies and i don't know if this is true as I have never kept them but remember hearing that males fight if there isn't enough females? Do you know what yours are? I vaguely remember being told they are best kept with a 1 male - 3 female ratio. But as you have had them a while has anything changed recently? i.e. food, treatments, stock? Hope someone with more experience can confirm this.

i have a 1 -3 ratio and its just the female mollies fighting, the male is perfectly fine, happy healthy fish

the only major change in the tank is the fact i flipped the tank in a 180 about a month ago.

Back
Top Bottom