More aquarium trouble, Gourami with black spot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deadcell34

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So over the past two weeks, I've been encountering one problem after another with my tank.

First, one of my platy's seemed to contract a serious fungal infection over night. He had 3 big bulbous white orbs on the bottom of his belly. Unforunately, he died before I could get the meds.

I decided to go ahead and start treating the tank with Proxima (I think that's the name, its a fungal treatment).

Well, yesterday I lost my other platy with no signs of distress. He just died. I observed him and couldn't figure out what was wrong.

In the process, I noticed my dwarf gourami has a black spot on his side (towards his tail). Any idea what it is? My first guess is ammonia burns but not sure.

20131101_103723.jpg Photo by D3ADC311 | Photobucket

20131031_190022.jpg Photo by D3ADC311 | Photobucket

My tank is a 10 gallon Marineland with 10 gallon filter. 10 ppm Ammonia, 0 ppm nitrate, 0 ppm nitrite. Tank has been established for 6 months with no problems until now.

Your pictures aren't coming through. I attempted to fix them but it looks like maybe their location in photobucket was moved? The URL is invalid.

Last edited:
Just added links in place of the pics. Try that and see if it works.

I'm doing all of this on my phone and its proving to be difficult.

Back
Top Bottom