More Lumps questions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfishy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there,

Hope you guys can help me with this, I have 4 goldfish and a pleco in a 29 gal tank. Like 2 or 3 days ago, on one of the goldfish I saw a red spot under the jaw. I thought that maybe one of the goldfish (which is a bully) hit him (I know it sounds funny), but now the red spot looks more like a bump? lump? I took a couple of pictures, of course that they are not the best pics because the fish was swimming around but I guess that are pretty good to describe the situation. Never seen this disease before and I hope someone can help me to find out and which would be the best treatment and if the treatment would not affect the pleco I have in the tank. Thanks a bunch for any answer/help/advice that you can give.

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 51
I don't think that looks like a disease from what I can see on the pics. It looks like a bit of bleeding under the skin ... prob from bumping the jaw on something. If the fish is acting normal, I would just watch. I would only worry if the spot is getting bigger, or if it is changed in character (eg.becoming an open sore, inflammation around it, etc.) or if the fish is acting off.

Back
Top Bottom