Motionless guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishies86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've just got home to find one guppy motionless at the top of the tank, and two laying on the gravel, also not moving.
I just want to check to see if this is normal. Do guppies rest at night? They had been in the dark for about 3 hours. I switched the light on and within minutes they were up and about and swimming fine. They have eaten a pea, so I'm not too worried about them yet.
I'm just hoping that someone tells me that it's normal and that I'm overreacting :)
Thanks guys!

Most diurnal fish stay motionless in the dark. My tetras do exactly the same so I wouldn't be to worried but can't be specific to guppies

I was told my blue tetras would do that too, but I've never seen them stop zipping around ;) I haven't noticed any fish acting like this before, but they may do it every night when I'm not watching.

Its normal, as long as none are on their sides, having trouble staying upright, flashing when they do swim, etc.

Just keep an eye on them for abnormal behavior just in case.

Back
Top Bottom