Moving Betta in and out of temporary hospital tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Celaw

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So recently, I picked up some BettaFix to help my Betta get over his Fin Rot. However I was curious if it's possible to place him in a small bowl, use the drops, and let him swim around for a bit, then after 10 minutes or more take him out and place him back into the original tank. So really the question is,

Is it effective to do this?

Will he get the maximum benefits of the treatment?

How long would he have to swim around in the medication for?

Trying to pinch pennies here, but if you guys don't think this will work I will continue the Aquarium salt treatments.

:thanks:

How bad is the fin rot? In mild to moderate cases you should do 50% water changes daily and dose aquarium salt at 1 teaspoon per 5 gallons of water. Personally, I'd remove your Betta, do a 100% water change then continue with 50% water changes daily. In severe cases of fin rot you will most likely need an antibiotic.

How bad is the fin rot? In mild to moderate cases you should do 50% water changes daily and dose aquarium salt at 1 teaspoon per 5 gallons of water. Personally, I'd remove your Betta, do a 100% water change then continue with 50% water changes daily. In severe cases of fin rot you will most likely need an antibiotic.

Its moderate, only being at the very tip of the fins. He apparently has been getting them sliced a bit on possibly the filter intake, since I have live plants and no tank mates expect for shrimp in 15 gallons. If you recommend 50% water change and salt I will give that a shot, I just don't have access to a proper hospital tank currently.

As far as I know bettafix is just watered down melafix. I have used melafix safely while overdosing on my betta. There’s a huge debate over whether it’s safe or not, but anyways, you can usually (with melafix at least) just put some in the main tank and he’ll be fine. Just try not to resort to meds yet. Epsom salt baths are amazing too.

Frequent water changes to make the water pristine always helps in healing. If you think it's something in your tank causing fin damage then that will have to be fixed. API stress coat has been used with some success from what I've heard and could be an option for you.

Back
Top Bottom