My angelfish.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oscarbreeder

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just found one of my angelfish dead and stuck to the filter intake...... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: .

He was fine yesterday and even ate this morning before I left for work.
I just came in a while ago and turned on the light like I do everyday when I get home and couldnt find him.

Found him a few minutes later..

R.I.P lil buddy....

im really sorry. how did it get in the intake didnt it have like a strainer on it?

and thats a really nice angel. i dont think its a veiltail and it has a nice lil tail too.

:cry:

It wasnt IN the intake just stuck to the strainer part of it.

I have no idea how it died......... :cry: :cry:

This is his friend I bought at the same time:

Everyone in that tank is doing just fine.

Tank params are ammonia0 nitrite0 nitrate.5 ph 7.0.

Cant figure out what killed him.

Well today the other angelfish was foud dead.

This is crazy!!!!!!!!!

I did a 30% water change last night and this fish was playing with my hand.
He was FINE.
I let every thing settle down from the water change and them fed them a little and he even ate.
My chair is right beside the tank and I kept an eye on the tank for a while as I always do after a water change and all seemed well.

Woke up this morning and my other lil angel buddy was flat on the bottom of the tank............. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I dont know whats up with this...params are still same as above post.

Any ideas?
Help Menagerie!!!!!!!!!!!

These were the prettiest fish in our 55.
R.I.P...

Ack!! I'm so sorry to hear this.
What other fish are in the 55 gal?
Looked it up in your profile:
1 55Gal community tank with 4 Angel fish 1 Honey Gouramis 1 Blue Gouramis 1 male Betta 1 Female Betta 2 Ballon Mollies 1 Black Molly 1 Pleco. Live plants and a Hagen co2 injector. Gravel substrate. 2 penguin 330's a Fluval 404 and 200w heater.

How many angels are left? How long have you had them? Any changes in the tank recently--substrate, new fish, new heater...?
Do the other fish chase the angels?

I am going to move this to unhealthy fish.

WE now have no angels left.. :cry: the last to to go we had for about a year.
Nothing new to the tank.
None of the fish ever chased or bothered the angels.

Oh well...... :(

It sounds like bad stock with shorter life spans due to any number of reasons. I'll bet your tank is fine and you could add more angels and not worry about anything :D

Back
Top Bottom