my angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stinnettjosh

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anybody think theres anything wrong with my angelfish? All it does is stay at the bottom and back of my tank. Its in a 55 gallon tank with very good water parameters a ph of about 7.4 and its about 80 degrees. Its been doing it for about two weeks it eats fine and it doesnt look like theres anything wrong. It just hangs out in the bottom and back of the tank.

Ive had it for about three months now and the only tank mates are black skirt tetras rummy nose tetras a bolivian ram and some cories so i wouldnt think its scared of any of them

How big is the angel? Does it have clamped fins or anything like that? Honestly, skirt tetras can be somewhat bossy in some situations. So, it could be that the angel is just not comfortable coming out. That is not uncommon for smallish angels.

I did a big rescape right before it started doing this could that be the problem?

I agree about adding some more plants and/decor. He looks perfectly healthy from your pictures. So, I think it is just behavioral. Still, you don't want him to be stressed.

It sorta varies. He is when hes eating and being territorial but normally the stripes are gone

Back
Top Bottom