My betta fish sit with his nose down at the bottom of tank and doesn’t move.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashriver924

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I noticed today that my betta fish “Uni” is acting extremely strange for his usual self. He’s usually the most active happy go-lucky fish that just now (after having him 5/6 months) started getting use to me and greeting me at feedings. Just several hours ago, I noticed he’s nose down in a decorative plant not moving, and when I say not moving, I mean I tapped, thumped, tilted the tank, anything I could to get some sort of movement out of him and nothing. Until a few minutes later did I finally see him swim around, then nose dive back into his nose downward position. He has never acted this way since I’ve had him, the only thing I did after getting him was cleaning the tank 100% once a week until I learned the correct method of care and maintaining his water. Fast forward to a month ago when we we relocated to a hotel because the house we were going to move into fell through and I had to empty his tank and pour new water in once we arrived. I failed to mention he resides in the tank with 3 snails and 2 ghost shrimp (if they are still with us) he’s the only fish. Anyway, I haven’t noticed a change in his behavior at all until today, and trust me when I say I pay attention (probably too much) to this little guy. After googling and coming across this forum, I’m not sure what to think or do. It’s too late at night to test his water, I did a half change of the tank because I felt the water and to me seemed like the temperature was what I would bath in, so I unplugged the heater (very warm.) I’m a relatively new fish parent and my local fish store knows this and educated me on lots of things, like not changing the water in the tank like I was in beginning and gave me tips but nothing to help me now, because again, he wasn’t acting like this and was just fine. Please help me try and figure out a good path to help Uni, I truly don’t want to lose him.
He is in a 3 gallon tank with an air filter that was changed several days ago. I feed him betta crumbles because it was suggested when I was trying to maintain the bacteria in the tank because the blood worms I was feeding was either too much or I couldn’t clean the leftovers all out and contributed to high PH levels

if I’m leaving anything out, please ask and I will answer to the best of my ability! Please help me save my sweet fishy, thanks in advance! ?

after feeling the temperature of the water after the 50% water change and which was way cooler than it originally was I turned the heater back on and that’s when he was moving around more for me to capture the last 4 pictures I’m hoping there’s something someone could notice that would help better determine what if anything is wrong with him

Ps: I’ve had the snails since day 4 of getting UNI so I’m 90% sure they aren’t the issue

Attachments

• 5DCFBA6F-ECCF-4E7F-8A53-E188440ADAB9.jpg
    5DCFBA6F-ECCF-4E7F-8A53-E188440ADAB9.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 1710A891-A513-4CF5-8314-BEFDFA6C7231.jpg
    1710A891-A513-4CF5-8314-BEFDFA6C7231.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 0D029128-79AC-4D17-AA03-5F3CAA3168ED.jpg
    0D029128-79AC-4D17-AA03-5F3CAA3168ED.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 9824945D-87E6-483A-B3E7-FDBF29D8B3B5.jpg
    9824945D-87E6-483A-B3E7-FDBF29D8B3B5.jpg