My betta is a balloon...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mad Professor

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm not kidding...

Started about 2 weeks ago, I noticed him to be a bit swollen in the abdomen area, But I figured He was constipated. So I stop feeding him because I went out of town for about about 3 days. Came back still a bit swollen I figured it would go away because it had not increased in size. After about 5 days straight of not being fed, it still hasn't reduce in size, and I just had to feed him. Now he has double the size now. Basically he the size of a penny.

He's in a 10 gallon with sand substrate. Did a 25% PWC today.
Water temps are around 70 because of PWC. He does have other occupants in the tank and They do not exhibit the symptoms.
The last thing I've added was java ferns.

He seems to be pooing white thin stringy poo.

Poor guy...

~Mp

It sounds like bloat which can be caused by many things, including constipation. Have you tried feeding peas ? Boil frozen peas for a minute or two, cut them into bite sized pieces and see if he'll eat them. If not you might try and Epsom salt bath. The white stringy poo might also be an intestinal parasite, so some antiparasite food may help also.
I know how bad you feel - I've been there myself. I'll be hoping for the best for him.

Internal parasites!!!

Have a look on google (and hopefully some here may inform also) on feeding garlic.

There is no scientific proof but some results have been positive-I tried soaking bllodworm and prawn in garlic puree as a last resort for bloat in an ACF.It did not cure it but-I swear it contained it.

This is only circumstancial though!

Back
Top Bottom